Experience Sigiriya Rock Fortress | Edwards Collection
According to inscriptions found in the caves which honeycomb the base of the rock fortress, Sigiriya served as a place of religious retreat as far back as the third century BC, when Buddhist monks established refuge in the locale. It wasn’t until the fifth century AD, however, that Sigiriya briefly to supremacy in Sri Lanka Following the power struggle which succeeded the reign of Dhatusena (455-473) of Anuradhapura, which necessitated Kassapa to find a safe place to Build his Palace.
Estimated Duration 6 Hours.
Terms and Conditions
1. Activities will be made to guests based on availability and weather conditions.
2. All Prices are in US$ and for couples. Pricing for singles or extra guests will be at request.
3. Transport, Event tickets etc are included in the activity cost.
4. Snacks and drinks will be supplied on request.
5. A 50% discount is available to those wish to participate in 2 or more of the following activities.