Experience Golden Temple | Edwards Collection
The caves of Dambulla, like the Mihintale caves, were occupied in very early times by Buddhist hermits. The antiquity of this place has been authenticated by the presence of pre-Christian inscriptions in Brahmi character immediately below the drip-ledge of the central cave. The inscriptions at the site dates back to the era of King Vattagamani Abhaya (89-77B. C.). Full of History this is a place to visit. Could be combined with Elephant Safari.
Estimated Duration 5 Hours.
Terms and Conditions
1. Activities will be made to guests based on availability and weather conditions.
2. All Prices are in US$ and for couples. Pricing for singles or extra guests will be at request.
3. Transport, Event tickets etc are included in the activity cost.
4. Snacks and drinks will be supplied on request.
5. A 50% discount is available to those wish to participate in 2 or more of the following activities.